Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Miles of Pizza


I have been really trying to encourage loose parts play with Miles and so I brought home a large spool when the occasion arose.  He rolled it around the yard and asked what it was.  My reply was that it's what ever he wanted it to be.  He decided that he ought to make a table out of it and because it was raining we pulled it up on the front porch for the evening.

The next day, Miles decided that he wanted to open a restaurant in the front yard and call it, "Miles of Pizza."  He arranged the spool under the large maple tree in the front yard and put his blanket on the table as a table cloth.  He collected up chairs from around the house and decided that he and Dolly would eat lunch outside.  (He told me that I'd be the chef for the restaurant.) I told him that I didn't have pizza to make.That didn't seem to bother him. He stuck with the name, "Miles of Pizza."  I made Miles and Dolly a finger foods lunch to enjoy in the out of doors.


Loose Parts win! 



No comments:

Post a Comment