Saturday, January 26, 2013

Rockin' the 80's

So today Miles wanted to play with a doll house, which gave me the perfect opportunity to pull out an oldy, but goody from my childhood.  When I had started school, but my mom still had my brother at home.  The two of them made me a doll house.  It was simply made of 2 pieces of 1/4 inch ply with a slit cut half way up from the bottom on each piece, so that they can slide together.  They wall papered the walls and cut pictures from magazines to create 4 separate rooms.


Bedroom


living room


 kitchen



 nursery


The furniture was made mostly by Mom, but the kitchen appliances were made  by a friend of the family.  ( I received them as a Christmas gift one year.)  Mom and Wendell did  affix them to the doll house with zip ties.  The couch is a Velveeta  box and piece of cardboard attached and then paper mached for the back and arms of the couch.  The cradle is the bottom of a dish soap container that has had a cover crocheted to make it look lacy and stuffed with a tiny pillow for the baby barbie to sleep.  The barbie bed doubles as storage for all of the barbie's clothing and accessories.  There is a zipper on the bottom and the blanket and pillows are sewn on, so pieces can't be lost.  



Daddy has decided that Barbies is, "....defiantly a Mommy and Miles thing to play."




No comments:

Post a Comment