Wednesday, March 6, 2013

ABC Tree Cookies

The other day I made some mini- tree cookies for Miles to play with.  He has been enjoying playing with things with letters on them, so I wrote capital letters on one side and the lowercase letter on the reverse.
Miles has been sounding out simple words and building them with magnets, Scrabble tiles, and now tree cookies.  I try to encourage, but let him do it in his own space and in his own time.  He started with the word cat and then I asked him how he would make... and then provided other rhyming words.  They have been reading Dr. Seuss books at school and talking about rhyme.  I think it has sparked his interest in making words.

d




For some reason, the picture is sideways here, but on Photobucket it's vertical... Go figure.  



No comments:

Post a Comment