Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow Days: Some of my most fond memories

When I was little I remember pushing the snow off the porch with the screen door and then running and jumping off the porch into the snow.  We would then dig tunnels through the snow and create paths.  We would make huge snow balls and then dig out the insides to make a wonderful place to hide.  Some of our forts were big enough for 2 of us.  We would have snowball fights from the top of the playhouse in the back yard and would swing on the swing to give ourselves more momentum.  This went on for seemingly hours.... When we finally did go inside, there was hot cocoa.  We would warm our hands over the vents and they would tingle.

Now I live in southern Indiana where we get a "Good" snow every 4 years or so.  This is the first one that we've had since Miles has been big enough to play in it.  Probably because these are some of my favorite memories I want to build these memories for Miles.  I rue the day that he is in school and we will be unable to play in the snow "all day."  So yesterday we did a little of it all.

We made a snowman/dog.



We made snow angles.



We had a snowball fight.



We started our fort.



We went sledding.


It was a wonderful day had by all.  My hope is that he shares similar experiences with future generations.  Snow brings a certain about of magic to the air.  It brings out the very best child in everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment